To set up emailing through your own server:
- Login as Admin
- Go to Users
- Select User
- Check the My Email Account box
- Go to My Email Account
- Data enter your email server information:
- Host / Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): Provide the outgoing mail server's name in this box. For example,
Google's outgoing email server is smtp.gmail.com.
- Account Name or User Name: This is usually your email address, but can also be the user name used
to login to your email server. For example, if you have a Gmail account, you would enter your full email address (including @gmail.com or @your_domain.com)
- Password: Provide the password needed to connect to your email account. For example, this would be
the password you would use if you logged into your Gmail account from a web browser
- Port: The port number for outgoing emails is typically 25, but varies between email providers. Please verify your email provider's port number and enter it here. If this field is left blank, port 25 will be assumed
- Use SSL: Check this box if your server requires SSL (Secure Socket Layer) connections. For example, Gmail accounts need this box checked.
NOTE: You must ensure that your VanillaSoft Email address on your user account is compatible with the email server information provided in this page. For example, if you configure your Gmail server in this page but your VanillaSoft's user account has your hotmail email address in the Email field, sending emails will not work, e.g. the Gmail server will reject your emails because the "Sender" email address does not belong to the account provided.