On May 23, 2023, VanillaSoft updated the default Email Service to provide greater security and deliverability. This means that:
- Customers using VanillaSoft Email Service (VES) who still need to verify their email domain(s) will not be able to send emails via VES.
- Customers using SMTP will only be affected if their SMTP connection(s) are inactive/broken. (Until this update, invalid/broken SMTP connections used VES as a fail-over to make sure emails would send. This fail-over will no longer work, and your SMTP connections need repair).
If you are experiencing difficulties sending emails, here are your options:
- If you are an SMTP user, reset your SMTP connection.
- If you are a VanillaSoft Email Service user, verify your email domain immediately.
- This can only be done by a VanillaSoft Account Administrator. Note that verification could take several hours to several days to complete.
- Connect via SMTP now and switch back to VES when verified.
More information and clarification can be found in the following articles: