You can select a pre-recorded message to be pushed to the contact's voice mailbox while making calls. Voicemail Drop (VMDrop) allows you to save valuable time by automatically leaving a voice mail with each unanswered call. This feature means you can move on to the next Contact while the system drops your pre-recorded message for you. This feature is only available for VanillaSoft VoIP lines. It is not available through other VoIP line providers.
Note: You must select your Voicemail Drop before the beep to push your message through. If you hear the beep, you will not be able to use the Voicemail Drop feature and will need to record a message manually.
Jump to a specific area of this article by selecting one of the sections here:
- Step 1 - Record Voicemail Drop Message
- Step 2 - Activate Your Voicemail Drop Message
- Step 3 - Use your Voicemail Drop
Step 1 - Record Voicemail Drop Message
- Using VS Connect, dial *99, then call.
- If you have a multi-extension account, when prompted, enter your extension.
- Enter your 4-digit Access Code.
- If you are unsure what your Access Code is, view our How to Find or Change Access Code article
- From the main menu, press 4 to access the greeting section.
- Press 5 to record your pre-recorded messages.
- Using 1-9, select the mailbox number.
- Take note of which mailbox you have selected for future steps
- If you are happy with your recording, press pound to save.
- Once complete, you can disconnect the call.
Note: If you have Voicemail Drops recorded and would like to listen to them, you can do so by following the steps in our How to Listen To Voicemail Drop article.
Step 2 - Activate Your Voicemail Drop Message
- Log in to VanillaSoft as a Caller.
- Click on your username in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Select VMDrop from the left-hand pane.
- Check the Active box for the mailbox number you selected while recording.
- Fill in the VM Label field (description is not required).
- Once done, click Save.
- Click the blue arrow in the top-left corner to go back to the contact screen.
Step 3 - Use your Voicemail Drop
When you make an outbound call, and there is no answer, click on your Voicemail Drop label when you hear the contact's voicemail message begin.
If you have more than 1 Voicemail Drop, you will see a list of all your voicemail labels in which you would need to select the appropriate message to drop.
After you select the Voicemail Drop, your phone will automatically disconnect the call. The call disconnecting is confirmation that your Voicemail Drop has been pushed through to the Contact's voice mailbox.