How to add & format custom fields:
- Login as Admin
- Select your Project
- Click Field Customization
- Enter your field name in "Add New Field" text box and click Add.
- Select your custom field from the list.
- Choose your display options and data types allowed.
Below are details about some of these options.
- This option affects how the field is displayed on the Contact page.
- Always: The field will display on both the Contact page as well as the "Add" and "Edit" forms regardless of whether any data is present in the field for that contact.
- When Data is Present: The field only displays on the Contact page and on the "Add" and "Edit" forms if there is data in the field. If no data is present, the user needs to add the field from a drop-down list under Add/Edit Contact.
- Only on Admin Screens: The field only displays on the Contact Edit page on the admin side.
- Allow Callers to Edit: Enables users to edit the information in the field.
- Allow Callers to Search: Enables the field to be one of the search filters.
- Allow Multiple Selections (only available when Menu type is chosen): This allows multiple entries from a menu to be added to this field.
- Input: Allows users to type text into a field
- Menu: Configures the field as a drop-down list. Once chosen, you will be able to add your drop-down options in the “Menu Items” table that will appear.
- Formula: Allows you to do calculations using other custom fields
- Any Text: The field can contain any type of information, including characters and numbers.
- Multi-Line Text: Display a larger text box to accommodate longer text values.
- Web Link: Text entered as a valid URL/website will be presented as clickable and with a "Go" button.
- Formatted Number (Decimal - number): Enter any number. The thousand indicator (comma) will always be displayed. Decimals will be displayed if entered.
- Number (Integer): Enter digits only – no commas or decimals.
- Currency: Values will be validated for currency (with or without decimals) and will calculate as such if the field is used in any formulas.
- Percentage: Enter any number (including decimals). The percentage sign (%) will always be displayed and the field will calculate as percentage if used in any formulas.
- Date or Date/Time: The field can contain date or date/time entries. Valid input formats include 12/31/2014, 12/31/2014 10:00 AM, December 31, 2014, and December 31, 2014 10:00.
'Validate Data' button
This can be used when you are converting an existing Other Information Field into a new Data Type. The system checks all of the existing data (in Contact records) in the field and reports whether there is any data that is invalid. If invalid data is present, you can locate the relevant contacts by running a Contact Management query using that field and selecting the "is invalid" filter. The data can then either be corrected manually or by batch update.
Data Max Length (only for input type fields)
A maximum character length can be applied to each custom field with the exception of Menu Fields, Formula fields and Multi-Line Text fields. When a user enters information into the field the system will validate that the maximum number of characters has not been surpassed. Validation is not carried out when importing, to Web leads or for a Contact Management update.
Item Scoring (only for Menu type fields)
This enables each menu item to be associated with a number score. These scores may then be used for calculating in an additional field to determine a lead score.