Lead Status Notification Emails are meant for internal email communications as an alert that a contact's lead status has changed. The emails do not go to the Contact itself.
To automatically send a Lead Status Change Email Notification use the following steps:
Step 1: Create the Notification Email Template.
Go to: http://support.vanillasoft.com/hc/en-us/articles/204429894-How-do-I-create-an-Email-Template-- if instructions are needed
Step 2: Setup the Lead Status to trigger sending the Email Template
- Login as Admin
- Select Project
- Go to Email&Docs
- Select Lead Status
- If needed, add new Lead Status
- For the desired Lead Status/es to trigger the email notifications
- Check mark the Notify box
- Select the appropriate Email Template and
- Enter the email address/es to send email template
Step 3: Ensure Result Codes are set-up correctly to update the Lead Status
- Go to Result Codes
- From Lead Status Change column update the desired result codes to automatically or allow User Choice
NOTE: All email notifications are triggered by the actual value of the lead status, not the result code. If a result code is used twice on a contact "changing" it to the same lead status, the email notification is only sent on the first result code.