While on a call though your VanillaSoft platform, you can select a pre-recorded message to be dropped into a voicemail box. This feature saves you valuable time, and enables you to start making another call while a pre-selected voicemail message is dropped in to the customer’s voicemail.
To enable this feature please call VanillaSoft support at 866-763-8826 option 2 or Submit a Request above. After your company has been enabled you will see a box under the Contact's phone number that says "Voice Mail".
Note that both a Dialing license and VanillaSoft VoIP (ConnectMeVoice) is required to support Voice Drop.
Each user will now need to complete the following steps to set up their Voice Drop:
Step 1: Set Up the Voice Drop feature in VanillaSoft
- Login as a Caller while in Internet Explorer
- Click on your Username
- Click the VM Drop menu option on the left hand side of the screen
- To download the executable file, right-click the “VanillaSoft Add-On” link
- Select “Save target as…” and save to your Desktop
- Go to your desktop and right click on the new VSAutoDial.exe icon and click Run as Administrator
- Once installed, Click OK
To record your pre-recorded messages, use the following process:
- Dial *99
- If you have a multi-extension account, when prompted, enter your extension, followed by the #
key. Otherwise you can skip this step.
- Enter your 4 digit access code.
- (Note if this is the first time calling in, the system will prompt you to record your name). Please
just record your name per the system instructions.
- From the main menu press 4 for greetings.
- Press 5 to record your pre-recorded messages.
- Follow the system prompts to confirm and save the recording.
Using the recording while on a call:
- When you hear a voice mail start playing immediately click on the VoiceMail link on the VanillaSoft Contact page.
- Your phone line will disconnect and your pre-recorded message will now start recording.
- You may now move on to your next call.
Multiple recordings: You may record up to 10 messages. If you record multiple messages you may add them to your VanillaSoft Contact Page to select from by:
- Click on Username
- Select VMDrop
- Enter names and descriptions of each recording