To set up VanillaSoft dialing with magicJack.
Set up phone:
- Make sure you have a dial up modem in your computer.
- Have two phone cords coming from the modem.
- One cord goes out to the phone.
- One cord goes out to the back of the magic jack.
To set up VanillaSoft:
- Using Internet Explorer as your browser, login to your VanillaSoft account (If you are an admin make sure you go to the caller side).
- Go to Test Controls (refer to the “How to auto-dial” manual found on the right of the Profile page, and install everything that VanillaSoft asks you to install.
- Once that is done click on Tools for the internet Explorer browser and then on the security tab.
- Click on Trusted Sites and then on sites. Add https://*.vanillasoft.net. Click on OK.
- Click on custom level and scroll down and enable “Initialize and script Active X controls not marked for safe scripting”.
- Still on custom level, scroll down and find "Display Mixed Content" - enable this.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Go to the contact page then back to the Profile page.
- Put a check in the TAPI box and then select your modem in the drop down list.
- Click Save, then log off of VanillaSoft and then log back in.
- Test a number by clicking on the number. A "Dancing Phone" box should pop up on the screen prompting you to pick up your phone.