There are two options to enable autodialing on this PBX:
- Use an X-Lite/Eyebeam as softphone extension.
- Use a TAPI component to control an Asterisk extension.
How to set up with X-Lite 3.0 or EyeBeam:
Log into the Caller account in question and go to My Information. Ensure that the softphone is correctly installed and configured, i.e. you are able to make a manual call through the softphone.
- For Line Type select the SIP option and select either X-Lite 3.0 or EyeBeam from menu. If you do not have the Line Type option the administrator needs to add a dialing license to the user account.
To Use TAPI Protocol:
There are several TAPI clients that will create a TAPI line that is visible in VanillaSoft. These include:
- AstTapi, this is a free open-source component
-(download file from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/asttapi/
-Instructions are here: http://www.omniis.com/ntsgr/cms/page.asp?688
- XTelsio TAPI for Asterisk, costs $27 for 10 TAPI licenses, and can be purchases at: http://www.xtelsio.com/
After the TAPI client is correctly configured for the extension:
- Log into the caller account in question on the computer that will be used. Only Internet Explorer is supported for TAPI dialing.
- Click on test controls (refer to the “How to auto-dial” manual found at the top of the “My Information”, and install everything that VanillaSoft asks you to install.
- Once that is done click on Tools for the internet Explorer browser and then on the security tab. Click on Trusted Sites and then on sites. Add https://*.vanillasoft.net. Click on ok
- Click on custom level and scroll down and enable “Initialize and script Active X controls not marked for safe scripting”.
- Scroll down to Display Mixed Content - click enable.
- Hit apply and OK.
- Click on Home and then My Information.
- Put a check in the TAPI box and then find your modem in the drop down list. The TAPI client should show up as an extension in this list. Select the option : I am using a Digital PBX.
- Click Save, then log out of VanillaSoft and then log back in.
- Test a number by clicking on a phone number in the contact screen. A box should pop up on the screen prompting you to pick up your phone.