To set up recording with X-Lite 3.0 or eyeBeam:
Set up in VanillaSoft:
Using Internet Explorer as your browser, login as a caller. (Recording is only compatible with IE.)
Click on Test Controls and you should be prompted to install add-ons and ActiveX controls. Install these controls until completed. You may be required to log in as the administrator of the computer in order to install controls. If all controls do not install, follow steps 4 through 10.
- Make sure to “Always Allow Pop-ups from this site”.
- Click on Tools.
- Click on Internet Options.
- Click on Security then Trusted Sites.
- In the “Add this website to the zone” box put in https://*.vanillasoft.net and click add . If the box has that entry already just click on add.
- Go to Custom Level and scroll down until you see Initialize and script ActiveX controls safe for scripting. Click on Enable.
- Click on OK, then on Apply and then on OK again.
- Refresh the screen and install anything you are prompted too.
- Click on Back to VanillaSoft.
- Go to My Information tab
- For Line Type, choose SIP and select correct softphone from the menu.
- For Recording Path choose custom and type in C:\Recordings - click on Save
Set up in Softphone:
- Open the x-lite softphone
- Dial: * * * 7469 on the softphone for Advanced Options.
- In the filter box type: record and click on Apply Filter.
- Double-click on the option: system:general:auto_record_all_calls, change the value from 0 to 1
- Close filter window
- Click on the triangle on the softphone found at the top of it.
- Click on Options
- At the bottom for the Recorded Calls Location click on the browse and go to C:\Recordings
- Click OK.
- A contact needs to be auto-dialed before recording is activated, click on a phone number, make a test call and result the call with a result code that will save the recording.
- Admin can now review the audio file.
To listen to recording:
- Login as an Admin
- Select project
- Go to Audio Review tab
- Query all today's recordings
- When it says Ready in the status column, you can click on the file to listen to the recording.