There are four different ways to assign contacts to a Team.
At time of import
This can be done by clicking the "Enable Default Value" box on the Import Mapping page and selecting the Team name from the drop down menu across from the Team field.
If multiple teams are required, add a new column to your CSV file and populate with the Team name. Make the column header 'Team' and make sure this field is mapped to the Team field before starting import.
Assign Team when a contact is resulted
You can set up a result code to assign a Contact to a Team once that result code is used. From the Result Code page go to the User Assignment column drop down beside the result code. You can assign the contact to a specific Team, a specific Team and User, or give the user the ability to choose which team to assign the contact.
After import, batch update
Build a Contact Management query of the contacts you want to assign to a Team. In this query,
- Make sure the Team you want to assign exists in your project.
- Field Customization » Teams
- Click Contacts & Reports, then Contact Management
- Click Build a New Query
- Type your Query Name
- Search the fields for Team
- Highlight Team and click the right arrow to move the field into the Selected Fields area.
- Click Save as New if you want to run this query again.
- Click Run Query
- Click on Perform Task and select Update Contacts
- Check the Team field checkbox, select the Team that you want to assign to.
- Click on Update
Edit one contact at a time
Search contact from admin side, assign a Team by selecting from the drop-down menu beside the Team field.