If you would like VanillaSoft to use your email account for sending emails, simply provide your email server information in the fields provided.
Why you would configure this option? To ensure that the domain name of your email sent to contacts/prospects matches the domain of the campaign. For example, if you are working on a campaign for CompanyXYZ and this company wants all emails to come from @companyxyz.com but your email address is @hotmail.com, then you would configure your account to send email from @companyxyz.com mail server. You must have a valid account on this mail server.
Whenever an email account is configured for a user, VanillaSoft will use that email account to send any emails sent by the caller. When this page is left blank, VanillaSoft uses its own email servers (or one configured by your administrator) to send out emails on the caller's behalf by using the caller's user account email address as the "Sender" of the email.
To set up a User for emailing through your own server:
- Login as Admin.
- Go to Users.
- Select the User you will be editing.
- Check the My Email Account box
- Click Save button.
- Click Email Account tab.
- Enter the email server information (see example below).
If you are using Gmail, Outlook.com or MS Office 365, please go to this article for more instructions.
Generic Third-Party Mail Server Settings
- Host/Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): Provide the outgoing mail server's name in this box.
- Username: This is usually your email address, but can also be the user name used to login to your email server.
- Password: Provide the password needed to connect to your email account.
- SMTP Port: Please verify your email provider's port number and enter it here. If this field is left blank, port 25 will be assumed.
- TLS/SSL Encryption Required? Check this box if your server requires TLS or SSL encryption.
NOTE: You must ensure that the VanillaSoft Email address on the user account is compatible with the email server information provided in this page. For example, if you configure your Gmail server in this page but your VanillaSoft's user account has your hotmail email address in the Email field, sending emails will not work. The Gmail server will reject your emails because the "Sender" email address does not belong to the account provided. The best way to determine if this will happen with your email server is to send a test email.