To set-up dialing with a landline or plain old telephone service (POTS) with an analog phone do the following:
To set the phone up:
- Unplug the phone from the wall.
- Plug it into your dial up modem. (If you only have one port, you need to get a splitter)
- Plug a telephone cord into the other port of the splitter or modem and plug the other end of the cord into the wall phone jack. (See image)
To set up in VanillaSoft:
- Using Internet Explorer as your browser, login to your VanillaSoft account (If you are an admin make sure you go to the caller side).
- Go to Test Controls (refer to the “How to auto-dial” manual found at the top of the Profile page, and install everything that VanillaSoft asks you to install.)
- Once that is done click on Tools for the internet Explorer browser and then on the security tab.
- Click on Trusted Sites and then on sites. Add https://*.vanillasoft.net. Click on OK.
- Click on custom level and scroll down and enable “Initialize and script Active X controls not marked for safe scripting”.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Go to the contact page and then go back to the Profile page.
- Put a check in the TAPI box and then select your modem in the drop down list.
- Click Save, then log off of VanillaSoft and then log back in.
- Test a number by clicking on the number in the yellow bar. A "Dancing Phone" box should pop up on the screen prompting you to pick up your phone.