How to set up Ring Central softphone:
- Close Internet Explorer.
- Open up the RingCentral Call controller.
- Click on Menu.
- Click on Dialing and select calling from Softphone and then OK.
- Click on Options.
- Click on Microsoft Integration.
- Click on Advanced.
- Make sure there is check in the check box that appears and click OK.
- Close the menu and open up Internet Explorer. (Click on Enable if you get a box that asks you if you want to allow the RingCentral add-on.)
To set up VanillaSoft:
Using Internet Explorer as your browser, login to VanillaSoft as a Caller.
Go to Test Controls and you should be prompted to install add-ons and active x controls. Install these controls until completed.
- Make sure to “Always Allow Pop-ups from this site”.
- Click on Tools.
- Click on Internet Options.
- Click on Security then Trusted Sites.
- In the “Add this website to the zone” box put in https://*.vanillasoft.net and click add . If the box has that entry already just click on add.
- Click Close.
- Click on Custom Level and scroll down until you see Initialize and script ActiveX controls safe for scripting. Click on Enable.
- Click on OK, then on Apply and then on OK again.
- Refresh the screen and install anything it prompts you too.
- Go to the contact page and then to the profile page.
- For Line Type, select the SIP option and select RingCentral Softphone from the menu.