When you add Email Templates in VanillaSoft, it is highly recommended to include an Unsubscribe Link. In case your Contacts no longer wish to be contacted via email, they have the option to click on Unsubscribe, which will disable the ability to send Emails to that Contact in the future. This will ensure that your emails adhere to the rules in the United States' CAN-SPAM Act, and the rules in Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL). For more information on Email Templates, please refer to our How To Create an Email Template article.
How to add Unsubscribe Link to Email Templates
- Log in to VanillaSoft as an Admin.
- Select the desired Project.
- Open the Email, SMS & Docs menu and select Email Templates.
- Select the desired Email Template to modify.
- Click the cursor in the space where the Unsubscribe Link will be added.
- Click on Insert Unsubscribe Link.
- To modify the text, click on the word Unsubscribe and click Insert/Edit Link.
- Enter in the Text to Display for the template as desired.
- Note: If you change the URL above, the Unsubscribe Link will no longer work.
- Once text has been entered, click on OK.
- When done, click on Save.