When you add Email Templates in VanillaSoft, it is highly recommended to include an Unsubscribe Link. In case your Contacts no longer wish to be contacted via email, they have the option to click on Unsubscribe, which will disable the ability to send Emails to that Contact in the future. This will ensure that your emails adhere to the rules in the United States' CAN-SPAM Act, and the rules in Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL). For more information on Email Templates, please refer to our How To Create an Email Template article.
How to add Unsubscribe Link to Email Templates
- Log in to VanillaSoft as an Admin.
- Select the desired Project.
- Open the Email, SMS & Docs menu, then select Email Templates.
- Select the desired Email Template to modify.
- Click the cursor in the space where the Unsubscribe Link will be added.
- Click on Insert Unsubscribe Link.
- To modify the link text, click on the word Unsubscribe, then click the Insert/edit link button.
- Enter the Display Text for the template as desired.
- Note: If you change the URL above, the Unsubscribe Link will no longer work.
- Once the text has been entered, click Ok.
- When done, click Save.