VanillaSoft offers proximity routing filters based on miles from a particular latitude and longitude when that information has been imported along with the contact's information. To utilize this feature do the following steps.
Import Latitude and Longitude:
While importing your contact list with a latitude field and a longitude field in your csv file make sure to map to the hard-coded VanillaSoft fields on the mapping page.
Enable Point-to-point Routing:
- Login as an Admin
- Select the Project
- Go to Routing
- Select Routing Filters
- Go to My Routing Filters Access
- Check mark the Proximity Routing field box (at this time you may also choose any other fields you want to allow filtering by)
- Select individual User or All Users to give this feature to
Use Point-to-point Routing:
- Login as a Caller
- Go to My CRM
- Go to Proximity Routing
- Select Contact as Central Point from menu
- Data enter the number of miles distance from the Central Point
- ClickSet Current Contact as Central Point
Now you will only be routed queued calls that are in that geographical area. After you have completed those calls you may go back to the Proximity Routing page and either update the distance or click "Clear" to take off the proximity routing filter all together.