For your own security purposes, VS Connect softphone can only be active on one computer by default. Once you log in to a computer successfully, your VS Connect login will lock to that computer and won't allow any other locations to log in to your profile. If you attempt to log in and receive a "Device Activation Limit Reached" error, this is because your login is locked to a different computer and will need to be released.
Releasing Device as an Admin:
If you have Admin access, you are able to release the device from within VanillaSoft. To do this you must:
1. Log in to VanillaSoft as an Admin.
2. Click on Users in the top left menu.
3. Select your username, or the username of the individual experiencing this error.
4. Select the Release VS Connect Softphone button in the Dialing Information section.
5. Click OK on the Release VS Connect Softphone popup and the VS Connect line is now ready to be logged in on a new computer.
Releasing Device as a Caller:
If you do not have Admin access, you will need to either contact your Admin to have them take the steps above, or contact our Support team. Support can be reached by either clicking Submit a Ticket, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from the same email address you use to log in, or by calling 866-763-8826 ext. 2.
Note: If you would like to be able to use VS Connect from more than one computer, please reach out to our Sales department by emailing email@example.com or calling 866-763-8826 ext. 1 to increase your limit.