Unfortunately, your VS Connect softphone can not be used on 2 different computers. The easiest way to use your VS VoIP line on two different computers is to set-up a free X-Lite softphone on your 2nd computer.
After both computers are set-up you will need to switch your Line Provider (softphone to use) in your user profile. To re-select your softphone in VanillaSoft:
- Login as Caller
- Click on your username at top right
- Select Dialing Info
- Switch between ConnectMeVoice Softphone (VS Connect) and X-Lite 3.0 and 4.5
To set up X-Lite for Windows, you will need to perform the following steps:
- Go to counterpath.com/x-lite-download/ and scroll down until you see the orange "Download X-Lite" links. Click Download X-Lite 4.9 for Windows.
- Run the installation file when the download is complete. When prompted click "Next".
- Click the "I Accept Box" and click "Next"
- Unless otherwise required, use the default directory for installing X-Lite and click "Next"
- Click the "Install" button
- Click the "Finish" button
- Now X-Lite is installed on your workstation, double-click the black and yellow icon on your desktop. From there select Softphone > Account Settings
- On the Account tab, enter the VoIP phone number provided by VanillaSoft in the User ID, Display name and Authorization name fields. Enter the VoIP password in the Password field. Enter the VoIP domain in the Domain field. Illustrated below is an example phone number, password and domain. Your General tab setup should look like this when complete
- On the Voicemail tab un-check the option "Check for voicemail".
- On the Topology tab, select the "None" option for Firewall traversal method
- On the Transport tab select "TCP" from the "Signaling transport" dropdown menu
- On the Advanced tab under "Advanced Options" un-check the "Send SIP keep-alives" option
- Click OK