Setting up an SMS notification is a great way to stay connected even when you're not near a computer. Once enabled, when you receive a text message on your VanillaSoft VoIP line, you will be notified in the form of a text on your personal cell phone. This message will show the number that texted you, when they texted you, and what the message was. At that time, you can decide if you want to message the contact right away, or wait until you can log in to VanillaSoft.
Note: If you reply to the notification, it will not go to the contact. Also, if you message the contact from your cell, the number displayed will be your personal number and not your VoIP number.
To Enable SMS Notification:
- Login to your VanillaSoft VoIP portal using your username and password.
- From the menu on the left, go into the Mailbox category then select the Notifications section.
- Click on the Add Notifications tab at the top or select Add New Notification in the blue bar just under the List Notifications title.
- From the Options drop-down on the left, select SMS Text and enter your cell number.
- If you want notifications to be active 24/7, no other changes are needed. If you want to restrict when you get notifications, you can configure notification schedule on the right. Once you're done, click Save.
Note: If you haven’t registered for the new VoIP portal, follow the Registering for the New VoIP Portal article to get signed in.
Your SMS notification is now active and you shouldn't miss another text.