If you're using a Mac, and having issues with your microphone, it may be caused by a lack of permission VS Connect has to access your devices. This article goes over how to allow VS Connect access to use your microphone. If you're not sure if it's a permission issue or something else, you can first test your microphone using another program. If it works with that program but not VS Connect, it's most likely due to permission settings.
Allow VS Connect Permission
- Open the System Preferences.
- Go into the Security & Privacy section.
- At the top, select the Privacy tab.
- At the bottom-let of the window, click the lock and enter your credentials to allow changes.
- From the list of option on the left, select Microphone.
- Check the box for VS Connect.
You should now have microphone access within VS Connect. You may click back on the lock if you wish but changes will take place either way. If your microphone still doesn't work properly, take a look at our Troubleshooting VoIP Sound Quality Issues article for further troubleshoot steps.