If your VanillaSoft VoIP number is blocked from sending SMS messages, or you just want to have the ability to send messages from different numbers, you can add SMS numbers within your VanillaSoft profile. Using different numbers helps increases your deliverability by letting you send more SMS messages with a higher success rate. It's suggested to always use a healthy SMS number, which you can read more about in our SMS Number Health Meter for USHA Agents article.
Note: Following these steps may result in additional charges. Please refer to our Additional SMS Charges for USHA Agents article for more information.
Add a New SMS Number
- Log in to VanillaSoft as a Caller.
- Click on your username in the top-right corner.
- Select SMS Numbers from the left-hand pane.
- Click the Add SMS Number button (shown below).
- Open the State/Province drop-down and select your desired State/Province.
- Open the Area Code drop-down and select your desired Area Code.
- Once done, click the Create SMS Number button.
You now have the ability to send SMS messages from this newly created number. To delete an SMS number, simply click the red X to the far-left. However, if you delete an SMS number, you will no longer receive any incoming messages for that number.