Upload your own pre-recorded Greetings to personalize your VoIP account. If you use a shared VoIP account and would like a company-wide greeting for all lines, uploading your greetings would be the easiest way to achieve uniformity. Before we begin, you must ensure your recorded greetings are either a .wav or .mp3 file type.
Upload a VoIP Mailbox Greeting
- Log in to your Vanillasoft VoIP Portal.
- From the left-hand menu, select the Audio Files section.
- Click Add New Mailbox Greetings located at the top of the mailbox greetings list.
- Open the Greeting Type dropdown and select the desired Option.
- Mailbox Name - This is your name. You would record your name as you would like the caller to hear it when they reach your voicemail. You can use a Mailbox Name if you don't have a Voicemail Greeting configured.
- Personal FollowMe - An introduction to your Personal FollowMe that you would like the caller to hear.
- Music On Hold - Music or a recording played to the caller while they are on hold.
- After Hours - A greeting that the caller hears if they call you outside of business hours.
- Voicemail Greeting - A greeting a caller hears when they reach your voicemail.
- Click the Choose File button in the Select The File To Upload section.
- Find and select the desired file.
- Once done, click Save.
To add any more Greeting Types, repeat steps 3-7 until you upload all desired greetings. To note, you may only have one recording per type of greeting.