After 10 (ten) consecutive failed attempts to log in to your VanillaSoft account, you will receive a "Your account has been locked" message. Only your Administrator or a VanillaSoft Support representative is able to unlock your account. Have an Admin follow the steps below or Contact Technical Support for further assistance.
Note: When unlocking an account, a temporary password will be sent to the user's email address. This may be different than their username, so please verify what's listed in the Email field of their user profile.
How To Unlock an Account
- Log in to VanillaSoft as an Admin.
- Select Users from the menu at the top.
- Enter the Username of the User you wish to unlock, then hit Enter
- Click on the Username of the User you wish to unlock.
- Click Unlock and Reset Password in the User Permissions section.
- Click Proceed on the popup window to commit the password reset.
You will see a message at the top of the page stating "[username] account is active again and a reset password email has been emailed to them." At this time, the user will need to follow the instructions in the email to reset their password and regain access to their account.