If a VanillaSoft VoIP line has been set up as a Supervisor, it can be beneficial to log into the Heads Up Display (HUD) instead of signing directly into VanillaSoft. Using the HUD allows you to view, monitor, and supervise calls made by other users within your account.
To Access the HUD:
- Login to your VanillaSoft VoIP portal using your username and password.
- From the left-hand menu, select HUD, then click HUD below.
Note: If you haven’t registered for the new VoIP portal, follow the Register for the VoIP Portal article to get signed in.
From here, you will be given a few different options. Here is a summary of what each section would be used for:
HUD Grid and HUD Table
The first two buttons on the first line toggle between two page layouts. List and Grid display the same information. If you prefer seeing your agents in grid form, you would select HUD Grid. If you choose to see them in table form, you should select HUD Table. From here, you can monitor calls. Note that you can only see 50 agents at a time on this page. If you have more than 50 agents that you would like to monitor, consider creating HUD Groups.
Permission settings for the HUD are configured on the separate HUD Permissions page. You can navigate here this page by following these steps:
- Log in to your VanillaSoft VoIP portal using your username and password.
- From the left-hand menu, select HUD, then click Permissions below.
You can set the following permissions for your extensions by clicking edit beside the desired user to select:
- Full Access - Enable the HUD for specific extensions
- No Access - Disable the HUD for specific extensions
- Hide Caller ID - Hides caller ID in the HUD
- Toggle On Demand Call Recording and set an extension for those call recordings to save to
The HUD can display all extensions in your company, or you can set up specific HUD Extension Groups. The extensions viewable in created groups are entirely your choosing. There is no limit to the number of groups you can make.