VanillaSoft is changing the Email Delivery Service provider therefore requiring some changes to be made in order to continue sending emails. If any of your users are currently using the VanillaSoft Email Service (i.e. not using SMTP) to send emails, you will need to verify each domain as described below before the 23rd of May, 2023. After this date, users with domains that have not been verified will no longer be able to send emails using VanillaSoft Email Service.
VanillaSoft requires domain verification in order to improve email deliverability, helping to ensure that all emails reach their destination and won’t be blocked or sent to promotion/spam folders.
Several domains can be verified at the same time, meaning that different users can use different domains to send emails. Only an Account Administrator can verify a domain.
Verify an Email Domain in VanillaSoft
- Log in to VanillaSoft as an Account Admin.
- From the menu at the top, select Account.
- Select the Email Domain Verification section from the My Account menu.
- Enter the domain you want to verify (e.g. vanillasoft.net).
- Click + Add Domain.
Copy the 3 pairs of DKIM records created for the domain you just entered.
- Note: Each DKIM record must be copied separately; a total of six (6) times.
- Access the DNS configuration for your domain host. Your domain host is typically where you purchased your domain name (like GoDaddy, Name.com, etc.).
Add the copied DKIM records to the DNS configuration. This will authorize VanillaSoft Email Service to send emails on your behalf.
- Once the DKIM records have been added to the DNS configuration, the domain will be marked as Verified and now users will be able to connect and send emails using VanillaSoft Email Service.
- Note: Changes to DNS may not be reflected for several hours.