When managing your database, there may be times when you need to copy contacts from one Project to another. In this article, we will go over the steps needed to copy a contact from one Project to another. Before beginning, there are a few things to note:
Field Names Must Match
If there are any differences in any of the mapped fields from one Project to another, the information in that field will not be copied. This means, if the current Project has the field 'Birth-date' but the destination Project doesn't have the same field, the information will not be copied during this process. This also applies to Teams, Lead Status, and any other field where data is present.
Result Codes Must Match
If there are any differences with any of the Result Codes that have been used, the Call History will not be copied. If you want to copy over the Call History into the new Project, you'll need to ensure that all the Result Codes match what has been used on the contacts you are copying.
Admin Access is Required
In order to proceed with the steps below, you will need to have Admin access within VanillaSoft. If you do not have Admin access, please reach out to your Administrator. Additionally, you will need to use our Contact Management tool for this process. If you are not familiar with this, please take a look at our Feature Focus: Contact Management video.
Copy Contacts to Another Project
- Log in to VanillaSoft as an Admin
- Select the Project where the contact(s) currently reside.
- Open the Contacts & Reports menu at the top and select the Contact Management section.
- Click on an existing query or select Build a New Query.
- Once your Query has been built, click Run Query to show which contacts will be copied.
- Click on Perform Task at the top, then select Copy Contacts to Other Project.
- Select Proceed to move to the next step.
- Open the Destination Project drop-down and select the desired destination Project.
- Once selected, click Next.
- If there are any mapping differences, you will see which areas will not be mapped.
- Either click Back and correct any mapping errors, or ignore and proceed with the steps.
- Click Copy Contacts.
- Once the copying process is complete, you will be returned to your Query results.