The Incoming Web Lead feature in Vanillasoft gives you the ability to capture Contact information directly from visitors who have filled out a web form or as real-time posts from third party sources or external applications.
Jump to a specific area of this article by selecting one of the sections here:
- Step 1 - Getting Started with a New Incoming Web Lead
- Step 2 - Entering Incoming Web Lead Information
- Step 3 - Configuring the Options for New Contacts
- Step 4 - Configuring the Options for Existing Contacts
- Step 5 - Field Mapping
- Step 6 - Start Receiving Web Leads
Step 1 - Getting Started with a New Incoming Web Lead
- Log in to VanillaSoft as an Admin.
- Select the desired Project.
- Open the Integration menu and select the Incoming Web Leads section.
- Click the Add Incoming Web Leads button at the top of the page.
Step 2 - Entering Incoming Web Lead Information
- Name the Incoming Web Lead to keep your lead sources organized. This is the only required field.
- Description is not required, but it can be used to add any notes or more detailed information for this Incoming Web Lead.
- Email on Success allows you to receive an email notification for every successful web lead import. If you would like an email notification to be sent to multiple addresses, enter as many as desired (each address separated by a comma).
- Email on Error allows you to receive an email notification for every unsuccessful web lead import. If you would like an email notification to be sent to multiple addresses, enter as many as desired (each address separated by a comma).
- Return URL is used if your leads are coming from a web form. You would enter the URL where you want each prospect to be redirected to after your web form has been submitted.
Step 3 - Configuring the Options for New Contacts
- Create New Contacts - When a new Contact is sent from a Lead Source, that Contact will automatically be added to your database.
- Flag New Contacts - New incoming web leads are automatically flagged, meaning they are immediately placed into the routing queue.
- Route New Contacts as a first-priority - New incoming web leads are routed as a first-priority in the routing queue, meaning they take priority over any routing rules you have created.
- Wait x min. before allowing New Contacts to Route - New incoming web leads will have a delay before being placed into the routing queue.
- Create Duplicates - A new Contact will be created when the phone number of an incoming web lead matches an existing Contact's phone number.
- Flag Duplicates - When a duplicate Contact is created, it is automatically flagged, meaning it is placed in the routing queue.
Step 4 - Configuring the Options for Existing Contacts
- Update Existing Contacts - When a Lead Source sends an incoming web lead, you have the option to update an existing Contact inside the Project instead of creating a new Contact. An existing Contact is determined by the Update Key listed below.
- Update Contacts that have matching values for this field - Select which field to use to determine if a Contact is already in your database. Only one field is used to determine a duplicate, so it is recommended to use a field that consists of information only that specific Contact would have, such as a phone number or email address.
- Route updated Contacts as a first-priority - Updated Contacts are routed as a first-priority in the routing queue, meaning they take priority over any routing rules you have created.
- Reopen and flag updated Contact - Updated Contacts will be reopened and placed into the routing queue.
Step 5 - Field Mapping
To map your Incoming Web Lead fields, you will need to obtain the lead source's correct field names. The field name listed in our Incoming Web Lead Field Names articles may not be the most up-to-date information; they are simply the information VanillaSoft found/received at the time of research. To ensure you have the correct list, we suggest you reach out to the lead source directly.
- Click the Add Field button to begin.
- Open the VanillaSoft field dropdown and select the desired field from within VanillaSoft.
- If applicable, type the incoming web lead field name in the Web Form Field text box.
- If applicable, type the desired information in the Default Value text box.
- More information on Default Values can be found in our Using a Default Value in VanillaSoft article.
- Click the Add Field button and repeat the process until all desired fields are mapped.
- Once done, click Save.
Step 6 - Start Receiving Web Leads
Now that everything is mapped and configured correctly, you are ready to start receiving Incoming Web Leads from your lead source directly into your VanillaSoft database. Follow these steps to finalize the configuration for this Incoming Web Lead.
- Check the Active box.
- Once done, click Save.
- A Posting URL should appear. Give that URL to your lead source.
Once your lead source has the Posting URL, they can directly send Incoming Web Leads into your VanillaSoft database.