Your access code is needed to listen to your voicemails, record message drops, and anything else when dialing in to your VoIP profile. When your VanillaSoft VoIP line is created, an email gets sent to you with your VoIP number, some helpful articles, as well as your access code. If you cannot find that email, or the listed access code is not valid, you will need to call support and have one of our agents re-send the VoIP setup email, which will list your current access code. Technical Support can be reached by calling 866-763-8826 option 2 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Change Access Code
You can change your access code if desired. The access code is case-sensitive, must be between 4 and 8 characters, and can be numbers and/or letters (Note: We recommend keeping it only numbers to allow access from your softphone). You can change your access code by following these steps:
- Login to your VanillaSoft VoIP portal.
- Open the Administration sub-menu.
- Select Change Passcode section.
- Click Edit to make desired changes.
- Enter your new access code in both the Voicemail PIN and Confirm Voicemail PIN field.
- Click Save and your access code has been updated.
Note: If you haven’t registered for the new VoIP portal, follow the Registering for the New VoIP Portal article to get signed in.