A gray phone icon from the Caller side of VanillaSoft indicates that you do not have the proper account license for dialing. In order to change this, you will need to access VanillaSoft from an Account Admin account and enable the 'Auto-Dialing' feature. If you only have Admin access (instead of Account Admin access), you will not be able to make the needed changes as there may be additional charges once enabled. If that is the case, you will need to reach out to your Account Admin to make the necessary changes.
- Log in to VanillaSoft as an Account Administrator.
- From the Admin side, click on Users from the top menu.
- Enter the Caller's username in the Search Users field and hit Enter.
- Click on the Caller's username.
- From the Edit User page, open the VoIP Line Configuration tab.
- In the VanillaSoft VoIP section, check the Auto-Dialing checkbox.
- Once done, click Save.
At this time, the Caller can now refresh their page and should have the Auto-Dialing feature. If the phone icon is still gray, they may need to sign out and back in to their account for the changes to take effect.