When scheduling an appointment within VanillaSoft, you can have an appointment reminder sent automatically to the Contact by SMS, email, or both in advance of the appointment.
Note: To send an email reminder, you must have your Email Account configured prior. More information on configuring your Email Account can be found in our Setting Up Your Email Account article.
Send Email and SMS Reminders to Contacts
- Log in to VanillaSoft as an Admin.
- Select the desired Project.
- Open the Workflow/Routing menu, then the Appointment Setting submenu, and select the Appointment Setting section.
- Check to enable the Send Email and SMS Reminders to Contacts section.
- In the Select Template For section, select the desired setting:
- If you select All Appointment Setting Result Codes, The same settings will apply to all Result Codes that set an appointment.
- If you select Individual Appointment Setting Result Code, you can determine which Result Code sends which email or SMS template.
- To send an email reminder, open the Email Template Reminder dropdown and select the desired email template.
- To send an SMS reminder, open the SMS Template Reminder dropdown and select the desired SMS template.
- If configuring an email reminder, open the Send Email Reminder dropdowns and select when to send the reminder.
- If configuring an SMS reminder, open the Send SMS Reminder dropdowns and select when to send the reminder.
- Once done, click Save.
Once the above steps are complete, Contacts will receive the configured reminder. Reminders apply to appointments scheduled prior to configuring the reminder, as long as there is enough time to meet the configuration. For example, if an appointment is in 1 hour, and you have a reminder set to 15 minutes before the appointment, the Contact will get the reminder. If the appointment is in 10 minutes, and you have a reminder set to 15 minutes prior to the appointment, the Contact will not get the reminder.