Adding a Web Tad to your Caller's page layout allows easy access to the desired website without having to navigate away from VanillaSoft. Use a Web Tab if you use any external web-based tools, to show a Contact's business page, or any other reason that would require you to browse a different website.
Note: If the page does not allow its contents to be viewed from within other applications, you will need to open the URL in a new window. This is a setting on the destination URL and not something that can be changed by VanillaSoft.
How To Add a Web Tab
- Log in to VanillaSoft as an Admin.
- Select the desired Project.
- Open the Page Layout menu, and select the Panel Layout section.
- Click the Create Web Tab button.
- Enter the desired name in the Tab Name field.
- Enter the desired URL in the Web Page Link field.
- Click Insert Contact Variable for a Contact-specific URL.
- Click Save to create the tab.
- With the new tab selected, open the panel drop-down and select the desired panel.
- Click Add.
- Once done, click Save.
Once you save the changes, the Callers may need to refresh their page or log out and back in for the changes to take effect.