Whenever you send an email to a Contact in VanillaSoft, the system can track the status of the email at various stages. As an Administrator, you can run a report to gather information on email status to track daily, monthly, or yearly stats. There are four email statuses you can report on:
- Queued - The email has not yet been sent from VanillaSoft
- Sent - The email has been sent to the contact but has not yet been read or opened
- Open - The email has been opened and read by the contact
- Bounce - The email did not reach the contact, was rejected by the server, or the email address does not exist
How To Run an Email Status Report
- Log in to VanillaSoft as an Admin.
- Select the desired Project.
- Under Contacts & Reports, click on Reporting.
- Click on the New Report (+) button and choose "ExpressView".
- Under Email Sent Information, double-click or drag & drop the Email Response - Last field.
- Click on the Filter radial next to the column header or the Filter icon on the right.
- Select or type the Email Response(s) you wish to filter for, and click the + to add them in.
- Click on Run to view the report.
- Once the Report runs, the results will display with totals for the Filters applied.
- Click on Settings at the top right corner.
- Enter Report Name and Description, and select a Folder.
- When finished, click on Save to create your new report.