Lead Status Notifications are recommended for internal use. They are meant to alert a Caller or Admin that a Contact's lead status has been changed. Unless configured, these emails do not go to the Contact. If you want to customize the email sent when a lead status changes, follow our How To Create an Email Template article before following the steps below.
Configure Lead Status Change Notification
- Log in to VanillaSoft as an Admin.
- Select the desired Project.
- Open the Email, SMS & Docs menu and select the Lead Status section.
- Check the Notify checkbox to enable the email notification for any desired Lead Status.
- Open the Email Template dropdown and select the desired template.
- This step is optional. If you don't have a custom Email Template to use, leave the drop-down set to Default VanillaSoft Template and continue.
- Type the recipient's email address in the Notification Recipients field.
- Separate multiple email addresses with a comma.
- If desired, enter a "From" email address that will display when the notifications are received.
- Note: Leaving this field blank will have email notifications appear to be sent from email@example.com.
- Once done, click Save.
The listed recipient(s) will now be emailed whenever a Contact's lead status is changed to any of the configured Lead Statuses.