As an Administrator, you can download a complete backup of all your Contacts into a CSV file at any time. When you Export Contacts from VanillaSoft, the file can then be managed in Excel as a spreadsheet.
Note: Once you export the file outside of VanillaSoft, any changes you make to the file will need to be re-uploaded to update the Contacts in the CRM. Please refer to our Update Contacts Upon Import article for more information on updating Contacts with a CSV file.
How to Export Contacts
- Log in to VanillaSoft as an Admin.
- Select the desired Project.
- Under Contacts & Reports, select Export Contacts.
- Scroll down to the Options section.
- If desired, uncheck the Export in Excel friendly CSV format checkbox.
- By default, this box is checked.
- Open the Export Date Format drop-down and choose the desired date format.
- Select the desired export option.
- Export all contacts and last call information - exports all contact information, but only the most recent call history
- Export complete call history for all contacts - exports all call history with associated Contact IDs but does not export contact information such as names and addresses. The entire call history can then be associated with contacts by matching the Contact IDs with the first export.
- Export all contacts with summarized call history - exports all contact information and combines all call history into one field
- After you select the Export option, the file will save to your computer.