To efficiently unassign a VanillaSoft VoIP line from a user's profile, freeing it up for reassignment, follow the steps outlined below. These instructions are designed for administrators logged into VanillaSoft.
Note: An unassigned VoIP line still contributes to your monthly invoice. If you wish to avoid further charges, consult the How To Delete a VoIP Line article.
- Log in to VanillaSoft as an Administrator.
- Navigate to the Users section in the top menu.
- Choose the username you want to assign the VoIP line.
- If the username isn't visible, use the Search Box by entering the user's first name, last name, or username. Press Enter or click the magnifying glass icon to display the search results.
- Click to open the VoIP Line Configuration tab.
- Locate and click on the Unassign VoIP Line button.
- Click on Confirm in the confirmation popup to complete the process.
The VoIP line has now been successfully unassigned from the user's profile and is available for assignment to another user! If you intend to assign a VoIP line to a user, please refer to the steps outlined in the Adding a VanillaSoft VoIP Line to a User article.