VS Connect is your VanillaSoft VoIP line's softphone. If you are using a VanillaSoft VoIP line, you would need to install VS Connect in order to make calls. You are able to install VS Connect on multiple computers but can only be logged in to one at a time. If you need to allow access to more computers, you will need to contact our Sales department by calling 972-200-0179 option 1.
Note: VS Connect can only be installed on a Windows or Mac OS based computer. Tablets are not supported. View our VanillaSoft VoIP Minimum System Requirements article for more information.
Jump to a specific area of this article by selecting one of the sections here:
Install VS Connect for Windows
1. Download VS Connect for Windows.
2. After clicking on the appropriate link, run the VS_Connect_Softphone.exe file that was just downloaded.
3. Select the desired language then click OK.
4. A new window will open, click Next to continue.
5. If you agree to the End-User License Agreement, check the box on the left, then click Next.
6. Check or uncheck the desired settings, then click Next.
7. Click Install to begin the installation process.
8. Once the installation is complete, click Finish which will close the Setup Wizard.
9. Either click Start then open VS Connect, or double-click the shortcut icon on your desktop to open VS Connect.
Install VS Connect for Mac OS
1. Download VS Connect for Mac OS.
2. After clicking on the appropriate link, run the VS_Connect_Softphone.dmg file that was just downloaded.
3. If you agree to the End-User License Agreement, click Agree.
4. Click and drag the VS Connect icon into the Applications folder from within this window.
5. Once the transfer is complete, double-click the VS Connect icon, you may need to click Open to allow VS Connect to run for the first time.
Logging in to VS Connect
Once VS Connect is installed, you will need to enter your VS Connect credentials. If you are not sure how to obtain your VS Connect credentials, or you are running into any issues logging in, you can refer to our Unable to Log In to VS Connect article for troubleshooting steps.